Europe’s first full-sized self-driving bus will be demonstrated at CAV Scotland at the Scottish Events Campus, Glasgow Wednesday 13 & Thursday 14 November 2019.
The prototype vehicle, which has been developed by Stagecoach, Alexander Dennis Limited and Fusion Processing Ltd, is a precursor to the automated buses that will run as part of Project CAVForth.
The event will also see the publication of the CAV Roadmap for Scotland – a document which outlines how the Scottish Government intends to make sure Scotland is at the forefront of this fast-moving and innovative industry.
For media, this is an opportunity to see/film the prototype bus in action and to interview Michael Matheson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity, and key project partners from Stagecoach, Fusion and Alexander Dennis Ltd.
Also being demonstrated:
• Kar-Go autonomous electric delivery-bot
• Navya Autonom shuttle pod
• Autonomous Renault Twizy from StreetDrone
• A state-of-the-art fully electric gritter – thought to be the first of its kind in the world – that will help keep Scotland moving this winter
• A car connected by Cubic Transportation Systems to Variable Message Signs (VMSs) and to Transport Scotland’s live Incident Management System
Media contact for CAV Scotland:
We welcome TV crews, reporters, radio presenters and photographers. For a press pass and to secure interviews, please contact Becky Hadley email@example.com